The Big Dinner
Aug. 9th, 2026 11:00 pmThere’s this restaurant in Seattle, Canlis. It has a reputation for excellent service and very good food. It is the only restaurant in Seattle with a dress code, which is fairly loose but don’t show up in a T-shirt. It is pricy – $185 a head for a six course tasting menu before you get into drinks – and it has a remarkable view of Lake Union. My in-laws kindly gave us a gift certificate for Christmas several years ago and it’s use it or lose it now that we’re moving, so we invited our dear friends Joe and Harli out to a big old blow out dinner. Here’s how it went.
Full post: https://popone.innocence.com/archives/2026/08/09/the-big-dinner/
no subject
Date: 2026-08-10 03:25 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-10 09:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-11 02:06 am (UTC)I probably wouldn't have gotten the sashimi, not least because if I'm gonna pay upwards of $150 for a plate of sashimi I know where to go (far too many places, but I've been to several). That said, sounds delightful, varied, and tasty!
I think I've had a "nice meal" in the Seattle area, but I think at a lower price point (a farm to table restaurant maybe 16 years ago or more).
no subject
Date: 2026-08-11 03:20 am (UTC)But still totally lovely.